Film Dialogues

May 20 is Assam’s date with education history In a massive recruitment drive, 26,100 candidates who cleared TET will be given appointment letters

GUWAHATI, May 16: At long last, candidates who have cleared the Teachers' Eligibility Test (TET) now have a reason to rejoice. The Assam Government will recruit 26,100 teachers in schools across the State, including the Sixth Schedule districts, and appointment letters will be issued to the candidates on May 20.
This was announced by State Education Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma at a press conference in Guwahati on Wednesday. This recruitment drive has been vaunted by the minister as the first mass recruitment drive in the history of Assam.
The appointment letters willbe handed over to the candidates by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi at a ceremonial distribution function to be held at the Sarusajai Stadium in Guwahati. "The final list of the successful candidates is available on the websites www.ssaassam.gov.inand www.tetassam.com.The 26,100 candidates will be recruited on a contractual basis. The Centre will bear 75per cent of their salaries while the State Government will bear the remaining 25 per cent. Of the 26,100 teachers, 18,257 will be appointed in lower primary schools while the remaining will be appointed in upper primary schools," said Sarma.
He also said that the Central Government had sanctioned another 25,000 posts of teachers in Assam and the recruitment process for these posts would start within the next three months.
"In the appointment letter that will be issued on May 20, the district in which the respective candidates have been appointed will be mentioned. From June 1 to June 5, there will be an orientation programme for the candidates. This programme will be conducted district-wise, andduring this period the Deputy Commissioners of the respective districts will give each candidate the name of the schools where he/she has to serve," said Sarma. He further said, "Candidates will have to collect their own appointment letters on May 20. If anyone cannot do so due to some genuine reason, he will have to inform the Sarva Siksha Abhiyan head office by submitting an application."
The minister reiterated that the candidates would be appointed in rural and interior areas. "Under no circumstance will these jobs be transferred to urban areas," he said.
An academic inspector will be appointed for every 15 schools in a district to monitor and evaluate the performance and activities of the teachers who will be appointed soon.
"Till the Right to Education (RTE) Act exists in the country, these jobs will be there," said Sarma, and added, "Due to insufficient candidates, 2,114 posts in the Sixth Schedule areas are lying vacant."
Regarding the appointment of teachers to permanent posts, the minister said that the State Education Department had taken up the issue with the State Finance Department. (SentinelAssam)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment... Lakhipuronline